Opportunities don't happen, you create them
Connecting to Careers
- Each week all Year 10, 11 and 12 students receive a Youth Links Jobs Flyer through their school email account. This flyer provides students with a range of jobs opportunities, traineeships and apprenticeships available to school leavers in the Newcastle and Lake Macquarie region. Students are encouraged to keep up to date with careers news, events and pages of job opportunities suitable for young people by looking at this useful resource.
- Parents or carers who are interested in being added to the distribution list please are welcome to email their interest to Renee Sommer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Warners Bay High Careers Faculty Facebook page is regularly updated with jobs, careers information and announcements.
- Warners Bay High School Careers webpage will provide you with information which will help you make decisions about your future career and your life beyond school.
- All Year 10, 11 and 12 students have access to the Career and Transition Google Classroom page which provides a comprehensive range of resources for students to access. Students who have not accessed the Career and Transition page yet can find the Google Classroom code in their school email account by searching career codes.
- Please contact Careers Adviser Renee Sommer if you would like some personalised careers support. E: email@example.com
A range of Careers programs are offered and delivered to students. These include:
- Careers lessons
- Schools to Work Programs
- Small group and individual interviews
- Focus Days
- Guest speakers
- Mentoring programs
Your Careers Advisers
Phone: 4954 9488
In Year 10, students are delivered a number of Careers lessons. These are scheduled throughout the year and communicate important information about:
- Work Experience
- School to Work Pathways
- Senior Subject Selection
- Apprenticeships & Traineeships
The Quality Learning Expo – QLE
Is a program delivered to Year 10 Students that focuses on developing organisation skills, self - management, and interview strategies. QLE lessons are delivered throughout the year to enable students to develop cover letters, resume’s and work samples, and prepared for their panel style interview scheduled in late Term 3.
In year 10 students can participate in Work Experience, book a time with your Careers Adviser if you are interested.
We are currently taking Expressions of Interest from students interested in completing their White Card. This is a mandatory requirement for all people who work on a construction site in Australia. Students must have their White Card if they plan on doing work experience in the construction industry.
All interested Year 10 students should register their interest at the Careers Office in D Block or email Ms Sommer in Careers.
All students who complete this course will need a USI number. To get your USI number, have your Medicare Card ready and go to https://www.usi.gov.au/
As well as offering Workstudies as a Stage 6 subject, Senior students are provided with a range of programs and support throughout their HSC course.
Students can book in a time with their Careers Adviser if they need to discuss:
- Apprenticeship & Traineeships
- School to Work pathways
- University information (courses, application processes, ATAR)