... Art is a line around your thoughts ... Gustav Klimt
Studying the creative arts, students learn to appreciate, compose, listen, make and perform. Each art form has its own unique knowledge and skills, elements or concepts as well as a capacity to inspire and enrich lives. Students must study 100 hours of both music and visual arts during Years 7 to 10. They also have an opportunity to further develop their knowledge and skills in other art forms through elective subjects. Students can then select from a range of courses in Years 11 to 12.
- encourage creative thinkers and lifelong learners
- develop critical 21st century skills: communication, creativity, critical thinking and collaboration
- provide opportunities for students to explore and experiment creatively.
- immerse students in authentic and real word experiences to engage in the artworld and enable deeper conceptual connections.
- Artexpress nominations 2019 - Congratulations Renae C, Tahnee M, & Melanie H.
- First Class nominations 2019 - Congratulations Monique C, Abbey H, Brad Mc, Bethany U, Madison W, Ellie P, Renae C, Tahnee M, Melanie H, Jasmine Mc, Jade B.
- Reprise selections 2019 - Congratulations Bronson R, Nick S.
- Senior Musician of the Year 2020 - Meabh N, Jacobe K.
- Ms D Pfister HEAD TEACHER
- Ms R Rogers VISUAL ARTS
- Mr S Burton VISUAL ARTS
- Ms L Armstrong VISUAL ARTS
- Ms S Martin VISUAL ARTS
- Ms M Kerr VISUAL ARTS
- Mr T McLennan MUSIC
- Mr A Forbes MUSIC
- Ms E Husband MUSIC
- MADD Night Term 2, 3 & 4
- Excursions Year 8 - Nobbys Beach and Newcastle Art Gallery, Year 9 Tarong Zoo, Year 10 - Luna Park and MCA, Year 11 & 12 - Artexpress, as well as local and international exhibits.
- Gifted and Talented Student program for feeder Primary Schools
- Ensembles at Warners Bay High - Concert and Stage Band, Choir
- Performance - ANZAC, Choral Collective, Music Count Us In, Bandwidth, Eleebana Spring Fair, Bandfest, School Musical, Charlestown Square Education Week, Band Camp, Lizotte's, Soiree
- MADD Night Talent Quest
STAGE 4: Y7 & Y8
- Y7: Music, Visual Arts
- Y8: Music, Visual Arts, Entertainment
STAGE 5: Y9 & Y10
- Y9 & Y10: Music, Visual Arts, Entertainment, Photographic & Digital Media, Ceramics.
STAGE 6: Y11 & Y12
- Y11 & Y12: Music, Visual Arts, Entertainment, Photography, Video and Digital Imaging.